Influenster

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I love Teaser Tuesdays. I love to show people the book  I am reading but also to look at other bloggers finds. There is always a wide range of  book finds.... Now to reveal my current book....


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
by J.K. Rowling


"'Oh, these people's minds work in strange ways, Petunia, they're not like you and me,' said Uncle Vernon, trying to knock in a nail with the piece of fruit cake Aunt Petunia had just brought him."
pg 49

"Hermione wasn't going to give up that easily. She followed Ron through the portrait hole, hissing at them like an angry goose."
pg 122

I have seen most of the movies and now I want to read the books so I can see how much of a difference they are. I usually read the books before the movies, but when you work with kids who love the Harry Potter movies, it is hard not to get sucked into watching it with them. 

What is your Teaser of the day????




No comments:

Post a Comment