Influenster

Monday, July 2, 2012

Your Weekly Dose of Cooking

So this past week I was job searching, for when my employers are on vacation... no luck so far. So I have decided to put my time into projects, on this blog, and trying to relax. (not sure if I am going to relax though, I can't stand still unless I am asleep.. lol)


Trevor and I have been trying out new recipes and we have been tweaking and perfecting the recipes to our taste buds.  Trevor loves eating chicken breasts (I am not a "breast" person) so I have trying new ways to cook it so I will eat it. Yes I love him that much to cook things I don't necessarily will eat. So here is a recipe that will leave the chicken breasts nice, moist, and juicy. 


Santa Fe Chicken and Rice


Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons butter
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh cilantro, optional


Directions:

  • In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. 
  • Add broth and salsa; bring to a boil
  • Stir in the rice and garlic powder
  • Place chicken over rice; cook and simmer for 10 minutes
  •  Turn chicken over; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender.
  • Remove from heat
  • Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
  • Garnish with cilantro if desired
Makes 2 serving



No comments:

Post a Comment